This is my first Sweet Saturday recipe post. I’m hoping to make Sweet Saturdays a regular thing, so let me know what you think and definitely get in touch if you try out one of my recipes!
For this recipe, you’re going to want to grab a really big spoon and find a quiet place where you won’t be disturbed by sharing requests until you’ve demolished the whole thing.
It’s a really easy dessert with just a few ingredients, and it tastes amazing, making it an instant crowd-pleaser among both vegans and non-vegans (tried and tested!).
Vegan Paradise Pie
- 250g vegan digestive biscuits (most digestive biscuits are vegan, just check the label)
- 100g dairy free spread, melted
- 300g dairy free dark chocolate, in a large bowl (my favourite is Cocoa Loco or Green & Blacks)
- 150ml canned coconut milk, shaken well
- 2 tbsp. icing sugar
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- Start by greasing a 9 inch loose-based flan dish with coconut oil or some dairy free spread.
- Crush the biscuits in a bowl (or inside two food bags) with a rolling pin until they are fine crumbs. Add the melted spread to the bowl and stir until it is evenly covering the biscuit crumbs. Then tip the mixture out into the flan dish and press it firmly against the base and sides with a spoon. Leave in the fridge to chill.
- While the biscuit base is in the fridge, warm the coconut milk either in the microwave or on the hob over a medium heat until just before it is boiling. Pour over the chocolate and beat the chocolate and coconut milk together with a spoon or whisk until the mixture is smooth. Add the icing sugar and vanilla and beat together.
- Pour the mixture onto the biscuit base mix and smooth it with the back of a spoon. Allow to chill in the fridge for at least 4 hours before serving.
- Melt some dairy free chocolate and drizzle over the top of the tart to finish it off. You can use dark, milk or white chocolate, or a bit of all three.